Successful businesses make a successful downtown! Here are resources to help with your success. Welcome to doing business in Downtown Camas!
Camas is situated in eastern Clark County, 15 minutes from Portland International Airport. Camas is historically a paper mill town—Georgia Pacific still operates here– and is also home to several large, hi-tech manufacturing industries. Known for its outstanding school system and quality of life, Camas is an ideal place to call home and to do business.
The population of Camas is 16,950 (2010) with a median income of $80,000. According to a market study conducted in 2006, there will be nearly 100,000 people living within a 15-minute drive of downtown Camas and about 13,000 within five minutes by the year 2011.
- City of Camas, Community Development Department, (360) 817-1562
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)—FREE business assistance and resources, (360) 260-6372, www.wsbdc.org (http://www NULL.wsbdc NULL.org)
- Camas Washougal Chamber of Commerce, (360) 834-2472, www.cwchamber.com (http://www NULL.cwchamber NULL.com)
- Downtown Camas Association, (360)516-0600, www.downtowncamas.com
Business Tools and Education:
- Downtown Design Manual, pdf (24 MB)
- Small Business Entrepreneur Tips—Before you Start, pdf
- Main Street B&O Tax Incentive Program, pdf
- The 2008 Downtown Camas Vision and Plan (Please note: this plan provided preliminary concepts for potential areas of development in Downtown Camas. Did not include actual building styles that would be used and not all concepts would be suitable for downtown—these were simply ideas to start to visualize development feasibility in downtown.)
First Friday & Event Flyers: