Successful businesses make a successful downtown! Here are resources to help with your success. Welcome to Downtown Camas!
First watch this 2 minute video about Camas and why you want to live and work here! Thank you to the Camas Washougal Economic Development Association for capturing the feel and heart of our great town.
Here is another 2 minute video that shows very clearly why we love Camas and why it is successful and will continue to grow! Thank you to the City of Camas, the Camas School District, and the Port of Camas Washougal for creating this meaningful piece.
The Camas School District created this video that explains how our history has created the outstanding educational system that we have in Camas. It’s no accident!
Camas, population 20,020, is situated in eastern Clark County, 15 minutes from Portland International Airport. Camas is historically a paper mill town—Georgia Pacific still operates here– and is also home to several large, hi-tech manufacturing industries. Known for its outstanding school system, its charming historic downtown, outdoor recreation, and quality of life, Camas is an ideal place to call home and to do business.
- City of Camas, Community Development Department, (360) 817-1562, www.cityofcamas.us
- Camas Washougal Economic Development Association (CWEDA), (360) 607-9816, www.cweda.org
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)—FREE business assistance and resources, (360) 260-6372, www.wsbdc.org
- SCORE–FREE local business mentoring, (503) 897-0275, www.scorevancouver.org
- Camas Washougal Chamber of Commerce, (360) 834-2472, www.cwchamber.com
- Us! Downtown Camas Association, (360) 216-7378, www.downtowncamas.com
Business Tools and Education:
- Downtown Design Manual, pdf (24 MB)
- Small Business Entrepreneur Tips—Before you Start, pdf
- Main Street B&O Tax Incentive Program
- The 2008 Downtown Camas Vision and Plan (Please note: this plan provided preliminary concepts for potential areas of development in Downtown Camas. Did not include actual building styles that would be used and not all concepts would be suitable for downtown—these were simply ideas to start to visualize development feasibility in downtown.)
Local networking opportunities:
- C-W Chamber of Commerce hosts networking luncheons and business after hours events each month. Click here for current events.
- C-W Local Connections is a dedicated morning networking group, open to all Camas and Washougal businesses, that meets the 4th Tuesday of each month in various Camas and Washougal locations. Click here for more info!
- For other local networking events, go to www.vancouvernetworkingevents.com.